The National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (NRCDV) has produced a number of documents under its DV Evidence Project, and they are included here for easy access. The below publications are organized by focus areas, which includes the conceptual framework paper, theory of change, research summaries, and program and practice profiles associated with each. Also included on this page are the NRCDV Outcome Evaluation Briefs.
Publications are available in PDF versions for download. Hard copies can also be requested, including bulk copies in certain circumstances. To request any of the publications listed here or for more information about NRCDV’s services and projects, please call (800) 537-2238 or TTY (800) 553-2508 or email Research@nrcdv.org.
Key Services to Adult Victims
- Examining the Work of Local Domestic Violence Programs within a “Social and Emotional Well-Being Promotion” Conceptual Framework, Cris M. Sullivan, PhD. (33 p.)
- Theory of Change: How do domestic violence programs promote survivors’ social and emotional well-being? (2 p.)
- Theory of Change PowerPoint slides (2 slides)
- Domestic Violence Shelter Services: A Review of the Empirical Evidence, Cris Sullivan, PhD (10 p.)
- Advocacy Services for Women with Abusive Partners: A Review of the Empirical Evidence, Cris Sullivan, PhD (10 p.)
- Support Groups for Women with Abusive Partners: A Review of the Empirical Evidence, Cris Sullivan, PhD (11 p.)
- Counseling Services for Domestic Violence Survivors: A Review of the Empirical Evidence, Cris Sullivan, PhD, Carole Warshaw, MD, and Echo Rivera, MA (10 p.)
Program and Practice Profiles
- Caminar Latino (4 p.)
- Casa Vida, Latina Domestic Violence Project (4 p.)
- Community Advocacy Project (4 p.)
- Economic Justice Project, Kentucky Domestic Violence Association (5 p.)
- Lideres, Casa de Esperanza (4 p.)
- Ujima Project, Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy Center (4 p.)
Reducing Abusive Behavior
Outcome Evaluation of DV Programs – NRCDV Evaluation Issue Briefs
- Outcome Evaluation for DV Programs #1 — Why Should We Want to Evaluate Our Work?
- Outcome Evaluation for DV Programs # 2 — What is the Difference Between Research and Evaluation and Between Process and Outcome Evaluation?
- Outcome Evaluation for DV Programs #3 — How Do We Attend to Safety, Confidentiality and Diversity?
- Outcome Evaluation for DV Programs #4 — Outcomes Evaluation – What Effects Are We Having?
- Outcomes Evaluation for DV Programs # 5– How Do We Approach Gathering, Maintaining and Analyzing Data?
- Outcomes Evaluation for DV Programs #6 — How Can We Make Our Evaluation Findings Work for Us?